Dialogue Pages

If you would like to sample dialogue pages of any of these plays, simply click on READ MORE.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

"Good Jeff, Bad Jeff"

This is a promotional/marketing short film I shot with a couple friends to introduce my latest full-length play, HOW TO KILL A BOY. I plan to go viral (Youtube, my blogs, Facebook) in August and see what happens. Maybe no one will watch it. Or maybe everyone will watch it and it'll become an Internet hit.

The real motivation behind creating this (it was free) was that I wanted a carrot to dangle in front of artistic directors and literary managers of theaters in the hopes that they be persuaded into allowing me to send them the full play instead of a 20-page sample OR that theaters might forego their rule of taking submissions only from literary agents.

Watch it and let me know what you think. It's only 2 minutes long. This blog is my old playwriting blog (I have a new one) so this won't be for public consumption - and don't leave comments under the post. And please, don't forward this link without checking with me first. I don't need my roommate to see this BEFORE I've moved out in August.

You can email me at irc_64@hotmail.com or jeffbumbershoot43@gmail.com and let me know what you think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you will want to add a twitter icon to your website. Just marked down the blog, however I had to complete it manually. Just my advice.

Marisa said...

Excellent post! Keep up the great writing

Greetings from Sant Cugat del Vallès